- Incidents where publicly funded services have failed to offer appropriate support and intervention resulting in severe harm or death.
- Violent crime resulting in severe harm or death; including homicide and manslaughter.
The Zito Partnership will provide information and advice to enable people to cope and recover from their experience. In practice, this work involves responding to requests for help and information on a wide range of matters. Predominantly this means the process that families and others are exposed to in the case of homicide, suicide, violent crime, and severe harm.
The offer of support:
- 1:1 psychological support
- Practical and logistical support
- Social support which will include signposting to other agencies
- Support through the complaints process
- Support through court, coroners court and inquests
- Support through formal investigations
- Media advice
The support aims to reduce and mitigate against secondary victimisation.